The relationship between science and technology, and their impact on a community of the target language. Possible aspects to cover:
Physical, mental and social well-being, as well as matters related to illnesses. Possible aspects to cover:
Iceland used to have a big teenage smoking, drinking and drug problem. Now it doesn’t. This is how it made the change.
The current and past practices, representations, expressions and knowledge that belong to a community of the target language.
Possible aspects to cover:
The ethnic, gender, racial, ideological and socio-economic varieties within a community of the target language. Possible aspects to cover:
External assessment details—SL Paper 1: Receptive skills Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes Weighting: 25% Paper 1 is based on the core: communication and media, global issues, social relationships. This paper is externally set and externally assessed. It assesses, through a number of questions, the students’ ability to read a range of texts. The text booklet consists of four texts. The question and answer booklet contains questions on those texts. The student’s understanding of the written texts is assessed, not the student’s knowledge of the topic. All texts and questions are in the target language and all responses must be written in the target language. The following list, which is not exhaustive, gives some text types with which students are encouraged to be familiar. These may be presented in electronic format.
Core Topic: Social relationships
人们作为社区成员如何以个人和群体身份相互交往和接物处事。How people interrelate and behave—as members of a community, individually and in groups.
可能涉及到的方面：Possible aspects to cover:
• 庆典、社会事件和宗教事件 celebrations, social and religious events
• 教育制度 educational system （学汉语）
• 语言和文化认同或自我认同 language and cultural identity, or self-identity
• 语言优势 linguistic dominance
• 少数民族 minorities
• 多语教育 multilingualism
• 民族主义、爱国主义、狂热 nationalism, patriotism, fanaticism
• 关系（友谊、工作、家庭）relationships (friendship, work, family)
• 社会结构和/或政治结构 social and/or political structures
• 社交行为举止和姿态风范 social behaviours and stances
• 社会禁忌以及社会接受程度 taboos versus what is socially acceptable